Im seventeen.. And I really want a baby...?

So. Today is Tuesday. I am Samantha, and I am Seventeen. I have been seeing this boy on and off for 3 and a half years. He lives in Chicago and I live in Minnesota. He comes up here all the time, and this is the first time on this Friday that I'm going to go see him and his family. I really want a baby. & He asked me to have his. He said "I want you to be happy when I'm not there" Not only do I want to be happy when he is not here. I want to be happy. I have been through so much in my life. My mother is sick, (With Ms) and I want her to actually meet her grandchild before she passes. I'm just confused i don't know what to do..

Samanthastarr17

Asked by Samanthastarr17 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If you have a job.. and can support your baby.. then I don't see a problem with it.. Finish school though. And you and the father need to move closer together.. he needs to have a job. and you both need to be ready. Having a baby isn't all just fun and games..its a lifetime commitment.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Do NOT get pregnant. A baby is not the answer to "being happy" when he's not there.
    A mother with MS, an on again off again boyfriend from another state, and only 17....not a good combination for raising a child.

Wait til you are no longer a teenager - 20-21 years old and then think about bringing a child in to your life.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• sorry. this is probably not the answer you are hoping for but those are not valid reasons to have a baby. It will be a lot harder than you might think to raise a baby on your own and will probably not make you happy when he is not there but stressed and overwhelmed.
    Courtybell

Answer by Courtybell at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Can you guys financially support a baby? Can you really mentally support a baby? Why do you live in different states? How old is he? I had my first baby at 17 (pregnant at 16) but I was already married and we could financially support ourselves and had good insurance and no debt and things like that. (hubby is navy) Those are really things you need to think about. Having a baby just because you want to feel loved is NOT a good reason to have a baby. Do you work? Are you in School? There are soo many things to think about other than yourself and how you want this baby to make you feel.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You don't need to intentionally try to have a child at 17 years of age. You are entirely too young, and you have your whole life ahead of you. Go to college, and get yourself a successful career.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• This is a Nobel thing you want to do for your mom, but having a baby requires a lot of sacrifice and a lot of money, do you have what it takes???

Answer by older at 1:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't have a baby to keep you happy while he's gone.. believe me. I was 29 when I had our son and he had colic and constipation issues and cried all the time for the first 18 months.. its so far from just "fun" or "happy times" - I know you probably have heard that so you might not "HEAR" me when I tell you that, but if you do decide, make you sure have a place a stable relationship, would you have a house /apt to raise this baby? Enough money for unlimited issues if your child needed special help? Insurance for Dr appts and sickness? What about support if you get something like post partum depression like I did? there is SO much to think about..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Trust me! Wait to have kids. Heres a couple reasons. #1 your young #2 If he said he wants you to be happy when he's not there that means he's clearly not committed to you enough to raise a child with you #3 Kids are hard work! I have 3 and I'm 21. My df has to work 90hr weeks just to pay for them. # 4 getting an education could be the best thing you could ever do for your future kids. #5 wanting to have a child just so your mom can meet them and then have your child heartbroken when she passes isnt the right thing. If it happens it happens but to try is just selfish. Just keep everything into consideration! You can pm me too if you want to know more about stuff like this!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i would wait kids are not all fun and games it takes a lot of work! u need a good job and to finish school before even thinking of having a baby!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A baby does not make you happy. Only you can make yourself happy. Please don't bring a baby into this world as single teenage mother. Please live your life, go to school, travel, become something. Then have a baby. Wait for a man (not a boy) puts a ring on that finger, have a beautiful wedding, buy a home. Please do not have a baby. A baby fixes nothing, a baby is very lovable, of course, but they are also very stressful and very very expensive. Make a life for YOURSELF first!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010