Christmas Gifts....

I have a fairly large family, but am huge into DYI and love to give.
I'm looking for some cute ideas for some homemade food that can
A. Be made in large batches
B. Will keep unrefrigerated
C. Wont cost an arm and leg
Any one that can help?

MrsDAP

Asked by MrsDAP at 1:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• peppermint bark!
    Courtybell

Answer by Courtybell at 1:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Fried wonton skins torn into pieces, and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Or cookies can be made, put on a cookie sheet and frozen to be cooked at the last minute.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 2:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• cookie mixes in jars. where they add their own oil and eggs. or brownie mixes. cheap movie and popcorn with homemade flavorings. like a garlic parmesean shaker. pm me if you want. I have tons and tons and tons of ideas.

spaghetti sauce, noodles and shaker cheese in a coliander with a spoon-for a family dinner.
    all the fixins for chili-corn bread mix (jiffy is cheap or make your own and put it in a ball jar) home made seasoning mix, tomatoes, dry or canned beans..
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• cookie mixes in a jar are always a hit-google it and you will get all kinds of sites with great idea-also try teahcer websites-I'm a teacher and they have terrific ideas on those sites
    MLH92108

Answer by MLH92108 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes - the jar mixes. Cookies, cakes, breads, all kinds of things. That would be your best bet IMO, it'll last longer than anything you could make.
    Anonymous