Would you hire the teenagers or a service?

I am prego with my third child and I am so tired! I have no energy to clean! My two babysitters have offered to do the cleaning for me. I would make up a list and they would figure out a price. A friend of mine said that I should hire a service instead cause she doubts the girls would clean properly. What do you think? I trust these ladies with my children why not my home?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 1:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes if you trust them with your children I don't see a problem trusting them with your home. Plus, they'd probably be cheaper than a cleaning service so even if they don't get every little speck of dirt it's still a big help at a low cost. If it were just any teenages I'd prefer a cleaning service but you already know and trust these girls so I say go for it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would try it out and explain to them you'll let them do it once and see how it goes. If it works out to your liking then sure, I would let them. If you dont feel they did it up to your expectations, then I would look into a cleaning service.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• & Ofcourse, if you trust these girls will not steal anything.. Id consider that too, but you sound as though you trust them :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think the girls would do just fine! If you trust them.. let them do it!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well we really have nothing to steal lol and If they were going to i'd think they would've done it by now ha ha.
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think it's worth a try. You know them & trust them & it will probably be cheaper. I say give it a go & if they suck at cleaning, tell them "thanks for the help, if i need you again I'll call you"...

If you're home while they are cleaning, they'll do a better job....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would give the teenagers a try. If there is a particular way you want something done mention that to them. Good luck with them!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Go ahead and give them a trial basis and see how they do
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There is nothing that says if they do it for you once that you have to let them do it again....explain to them CLEARLY your expectations and go from there. The teenagers will save you money!!! It cant hurt to try, but I wouldnt dive in with high expecatations. GL and Congrats!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• if you trust them then give it a try. they probably won't do as good a job as a cleaning service but the girls will be cheaper.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010