What do you keep your thermostat set on, how much is your heating bill,

and how do you keep your kids dressed in the winter? We've never had an actual thermostat before, just the heaters with low/medium/high settings.

Right now, I've got it set at sixty, and I'm effing freezing, with sweatpants, tank top, tshirt, and sweat shirt on.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I keep it at 70 and my bill is about $80 a month. The place I live now has a new energy efficient furnace and windows- it's really nice!! I've lived in places where I was paying hundreds each month and still freezing my butt off!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We put it anywhere from 68-70 -- sometimes on 70 it gets too hot, and sometimes it's still cold! I don't put it any higher then 70 though the house heats up pretty fast (and it's 2 floors). The heating bill is about $120.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• it's kept at 70 and we are on "balanced billing" so our monthly gas bill is $77

We just got our fireplace and chimney repaired so we are planning on lowering our heating costs even more by using that frequently
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We keep it around 67-70. I usually wear a sweatshirt around the house because I get cold easily. My daughter (14 months) doesn't seem to be bothered by the cold and takes her socks off as soon as she has them on. So she's mostly dressed in pants and a t-shirt of long sleeve t-shirt. Although we haven't turned on our heat yet. It hasn't gotten lower than 65, yet. I was waiting until November to turn on the heat, so maybe tonight.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We keep our's set at 65. I'm usually wrapped up in a blanket. Our gas bill is outrageous. In the middle of the winter it can be over $250.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• we set ours at 68 degrees. try not to go over 70 degrees. we wear sweatshirts or cuddle w/ a blanket on the couch if we are cold. our electric is around $125 a month. our propane is $250 a month. we started putting in a fireplace but ran out of money to finish. we can get free wood my DH just has to chop it.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2010