Starting to worry about labor

I deal with pain oddly well ( broke a bone and quietly said damn it not again and went and took care of it) but i just know that despite all the horrible injuries ive managed to inflict upon myself that none of them have prepared me for the birth of my child... Help me not feel like a big wussy

AprylnAtticus

Asked by AprylnAtticus at 1:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh, it's tough, no doubt about it. But I definitely built it up to be way worse than it really was. I planned to hang in there as long as I could naturally and I reserved the right to get pain meds if I wanted them, and I did end up wanting them. But I imagined myself totally freaking out and crying how I couldn't do it and all those things you see on tv and it was nothing like that at all. For the most part I quietly bore the pain, I practiced my breathing and I made it through. You will, too. Have a plan of what you want to happen, and also a back up plan and another back up plan for all the what ifs and you will be fine. We women are tough!!! If we can carry and deliver babies we can do anything!!! And it is true that once the baby is here you pretty much forget that pain you just went thru and you get to experience overwhelming joy instead so it's totally worth it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh my gosh it is so much easier than you will ever know. J/K it is work and clearly you have it in you to deal with it. The pressure and real work is not the first thing you feel it builds up to it. Also you get the most awesome prize at the end for all of your hard work. IT is really worth it in the end. Good luck.
    It helped me to read some birthing stories. When I was so freaked out about labor.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Have you ever had really bad diarrhea cramps? Or really bad period cramps? Well, if you don't get pitocin, then, they usually feel like those.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well labor is by far the most painful thing I have ever felt and I deel well with pain! But it was also the most amaing thing I have ever felt and makes the pain all worth it! You'll do GREAT, hang in there!
    PrOuD_MaMa_2

Answer by PrOuD_MaMa_2 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It doesn't *have* to hurt.

I love birth because it's amazing how we can tune-in to cope naturally and eliminate pain.
    Sometimes we even turn pain around~ into pleasure!

It's worth it!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If you have a focal point, anything, maybe something you can bring from home, and focus on it while breathing in and out correctly during pain, you will be able to bear it beautifully. Try to avoid any pain medication if you can help it, do not worry rejoice on the journey you are about to embark on, good luck!!!!

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Get the epidural! Unfortunately, mine wore off and I felt every single thing (which was uber painful) but in all honesty, once you look at that beautiful baby on ur chest u really forget about the pain (until you go to sit down again later LOL). Nobody said giving birth is easy! Hell if it was easy men would do it HAHA
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Just picyure trying to push out a bowling ball!!!! Get an epidural for pain!!!! U will be glad u did.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010