Do you agree or disagree with OUT OF COUNTRY ADOPTION?

Why ?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It does not matter where the child comes from as long as the child is loved and cared for and very much wanted.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Overseas adoption~ works for some people. I would prefer to see more children helped within our nation...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• God, I am so sick of my daughter being compared to an expensive handbag or a poodle. Please stop doing it.

You've heard that IA is easy. Unfortunately, you've hear wrong. We applied to adopt our daughter from China in March 2005 and didn't return home with her until April 2009. The wait in China has only gotten longer.

What exactly about intensly invasive background, medical and financial checks, FBI fingerprinting (x2), approval from 2 governments, waiting for the longest 4 years of my life, language and attachment issues and unknown health issues sound easy? I was happy to do it all and will always be greatful for the chance, because it brought our daughter into our lives.

She is not a status symbol, or a cool trend. She's a little girl. She needed a family, we needed a daughter. We considered all our options and China fit our family. It's really no one's business what child we choose to love or raise.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There are so many kids in our own country that need to be adopted and loved, but it seems like a lot of people only want babies and will go anywhere to find one. I'm not saying all. I guess I have mixed feelings because of all these Celebrities seem to make adopting foreign babies trendy like a chiuauah in a purse or something.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Maybe if people would stop adopting overseas and tried foster care for awhile we wouldn't have so many homeless kids and adults that were sytstem babies their whole lives in our own country.
    Anonymous

• I feel that adoption, international or domestic, is a deeply personal decision and every couple who wants to adopt has to make that choice together. It's none of my business.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• None of my business where people adopt from.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 2:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What's to disagree with? Giving a child in need a home?

If our country would clean up it's act and make it less difficult to do so, I'm sure more people would choose to adopt from here. Still, unless I'm the one adopting, it's none of my business.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We are only as strong as our weakest link. I think it is horrible that it is so hard to adopt a child from your own country. I think the laws need changed so that the children in our own country can have loving homes.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am "PRO" giving a child a loving home regardless of where they came from or where the new home is.
    It does make me sad though to see all these wealthy people in my "rich bitch" (i don't fit in here) neighborhood as well as stars adopting out of country because it's glamorous and exciting and makes them look "cool", while there are homeless children living under bridges just 30 minutes away in downtown denver.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 2:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010