Hunting Families: Does your family work as a team, or have a system during hunting season?

I notices my hubby's fam does. The guys, and some of us gals go hunting. The guys do the gutting with the deer. The people who stayed home and the retired hunters clean the meat, pheasants are plucked, deer sectioned, skinned and cut up in proper cuts and end up cooking everything. It's kind of fun, and the food at the end is really good.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My husband hunts with his dad or a friend.. we send our meat to a locker and get it cut up or ground for us.. we use it mostly in place of ground beef and eat it several times a week. We always work in teams.. but for the most part, DH hunts and I cook.. It would take a miracle for me to be able to clean it lol.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I learned myself. I got teased by FIL that I wouldn't be able to clean it because I'm from CA. I showed him!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I didn't grow up around hunting and don't like it at all. That being said, my husband has been hunting since he was about 12 so our agreement is that he and my son go hunting with his brother and father and they do all the "disassembling" of the animals at my inlaws' house. Then he brings the meat back home wrapped up in white paper packages that look like they come from the butcher. I can live with that but just barely. My husband also cooks all that stuff and he's a wonderful cook so I try not to complain about where it came from.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010