Telling sex at 17 weeks?

How many people found out the sex of their babe at 17 weeks? That's when I'm going for my 1st u/s, and I'm wondeing if we can tell!! I know it's still a bit early, and probably better to wait, but I'm curious! ;)

mrseum

Asked by mrseum at 3:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YUP!!!!! IF THE BABY COOOPERATES YOULL BE ABLE TO TELL.
    (=

I FOUND OUT AT 18 WEEKS BUT I KNOW YOU CAN FIND OUT AS SOON AS 12 OR 13 WEEKS, EVEN THOUGH MOST DRS MAKE YOU WAIT UNTIL 20 WEEKS.

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My little one wouldn't uncross her legs for us to tell when I went for my appt at 16 weeks. My SIL is 17 weeks and she just found out that she is having a little girl!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• oh I hope baby's legs aren't crossed!! ;)
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Try drinking alot of COLD water before you go in to make sure she or he will move for you. Mine had her legs crossed at first too but i stayed untill we got her to move, lol, I really wanted to know. I was about 18 weeks.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• they told me to drink orange or apple juice.. but it didnt work cuz at both of my u/s's the baby wouldnt cooperate
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I found out at 14 weeks with my second. I was told orange juice would make them move more.
    ajaitz_07

Answer by ajaitz_07 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You'll be able to tell, good luck! Hope you get what your hoping for, we find out in a week too. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I found out at 18 weeks.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 5:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yea, I know what you mean. I wanted to find out too!
    Request them to tell you but chances are you have to wait until the 24-26th week.
    sux, I know.. but its life..lol
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 6:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I found out at 16 weeks. Both of the twins cooperated. :-) I was told to drink OJ, too. Good luck!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2008