Was I supposed to bring candy for halloween?

I just picked my daugther up from headstart and she had a ton of candy in her bag. I didnt know I was supposed to bring incivicual bags of candy for her classmates. I remember in school we only brought candy for valetines days. Did I commit a school parent oops?

momie_of_munch2

Asked by momie_of_munch2 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't worry about it unless they had sent a note home asking parents to bring candy. Some preschools/head starts actually prefer parents not to bring in treats.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you were not asked to bring candy in to school, I don’t think it was expected. The class may have had a party committee that took care of it. I know in my children’s schools, there are different parent in charge of different parties throughout the year. That helps so that everyone does not bring in stuff all the time. This also means that some parents may not know what treats will be at school unless they talk to the room parent or party coordinator.
    Happy Halloween!
    NorthernVaMommy

Answer by NorthernVaMommy at 9:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• whenever I am supposed to take something in to daycare for my sons, the teacher either tells me or I have a note in their bag saying something like: " we are having a halloween party on such and such date and trace should bring in a bag of cookies or whatever."
    TBKSuperMama

Answer by TBKSuperMama at 2:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008