would this have hurt your feelings? It's a comment my friend made about another friend and I...

So, I'm white, and my friend B is white. We just moved to the area and met this other girl named C and she's black. We posted a pic of us all sitting on a couch together and some half-black friend of C's comments "Oh, so you hang with white folks now? lolll" and she replied "I've got black friends now, that was just when I first moved here and those were the only peeps I knew"

Is it just me or does it seem like she's trying to make it look like she only hung out with us cause she had no one else but she'd really rather not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• that's what I would have thought too - so sad...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thats exactly what she was trying to make it seem like. I wouldnt really care though, I just wouldnt talk to the girl anymore.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh yah.. thats exactly what shes saying!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yep, that's what she's saying. I can only imagine the outrage if all the race roles had been reversed in this scenario...
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Do you still have contact with her? That would have hurt my feelings too, and it would have hurt anyone feelings. Think what would she do if it was the other way around? She probably would be pretty upset too. I would cut all ties to her since she mad it clear that she only hung out with you cause she didnt know anyone else.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i would have thought the same thing as you! sorry
    lovemybebies

Answer by lovemybebies at 2:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yep that's exactly what she is saying. If it was me I wouldn't continue to go out of my way to be friends with her any longer. I'd probably take the picture down too, but that's just because I can tend to be a little passive aggressive in situations like that.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That is what I would think.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• that's not cool no matter what way you look at it ! geeeeez !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Not cool at all. Racist, are we? (<-- in reference to your "friend")
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010