Is my milk still ok?

I completely forgot (which happens when you have 3 kids under 3) and forgot to put my milk in the fridge. It was out for about 2 1/2 hrs. Its whole milk, and the temp in my house is about 70 degrees. It was still kinda cold when I remembered to put it in. Do you think its still ok to drink?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 2:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If the jug still felt cold, it's probably fine. Smell it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Um... I think it should be fine. Especially since it was still somewhat cool when you found it. I would still drink it- just not after 4 hours or so. My opinion! :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It's fine as long as it didn't get completely warm.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thank you all! It wouldve been a shame to throw away seems how its 3.29 a gallon and my kids drink 1 gallon day!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, it is fine NOW, but you probably decreased the shelf life of the milk. You want to finish off that jug as soon as possible. Over time, the bacteria in there are multiplying and it is going to get icky faster than normal. If it was me, I would finish it in 2 days or less, preferrably one day.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 2:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010