• In the Spotlight:

Any European Moms on here?

Hi.
I'm moving to Europe in three years. The company has not told us where (Scotland, France, Germany & Norway are the other locations so unless it is a new opening it will be one of these). I want to make sure my child is able to keep up in her grade/level when she is in public school there. Is there anyone on here from there who can send me a link or give me an idea of the K-3 curriculum from there so I can keep her up to speed? She's 2 now and is being homeschooled.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 2:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in

• European Elementary Schools and Europe Primary School Listings
    European elementary schools listings directory with links on Europe primary
    schools ... Website contains information and contact details for the school. ...
    http://www.ezilon.com/education/elementary/index.shtml - 24k - Similar pages

I googled: European Elementary Public School Info. Good Luck, Em
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• well in Germany a 2 year old and most of the other European coutrys dont go to school, they start kindergarten at that age. And the European Kindergarten is not what the American is. Its more like a day care, they dont really learn anything there like they do here. They play games and do projects etc.
    They start school when they 6 years old which is the first grad. There are pre school where you can send them when they are 5 years old.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010