How can I get my DD to try different foods?

Mom2Girls83

Asked by Mom2Girls83 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Offer them without pressure. Put small servings of new foods on her plate alongside her favorites. Also, if she sees you eating new foods, she'll be more inclined to try them herself.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Offer them to her and make her have a bite per year of age. And continue this for each and every meal.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• And check out EllynSatter.com: she's full of great ideas.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It depends on her age. My daughter is 9 and a very picky eater. I just tell her she has to try everything. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to eat it but she has to try it. Several times she has realized that she actually liked what I made her try.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Offer them but don't get upset if she doesn't want them. One thing that I do is I fix my plate and then I cut up my food and then put it on my child's tray. She'll eat anything that I eat mostly. That and my hubby is not allowed to say about what she eats. He's a very picky eater.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 3:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Make it fun for her, have her help with the prep work if possible. We used to make it like a big adventure now i have no problems getting my kids to try new things and they actually look forward to it.
    danis3plus2

Answer by danis3plus2 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010