Do you think as a follower of Christ that tattoos shouldn't be allowed?

Do you think Christians with tattoos aren't "really" Christians?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God looks at the HEART!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What does a tattoo have to do with being a Christian?????

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i don't think God or Christ cares about that..a tattoo won't make or break your salvation.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I do not believe that at all. I believe in God and Jesus Christ, I pray, read the Bible, and have 4 tattoos (so far).
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• well if the art is for the one that is getting then i think they should be able to come to church
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 2:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Huh? How could a tattoo be in any way related to whether or not one is a Christian? It's your immortal soul that is important for your relationship with Christ, not the external 5 mm of your physical body.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My best friend and I went and got pin-up models as a best friend thing. I carefully picked mine out because I didn't want her too raunchy. I was frowned upon on and scolded for getting it at my mom's old church.
    mz_erica03

Comment by mz_erica03 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
    Leviticus 19:28

This is the verse that makes tattoos questionable to some....in my interpretation....it does not...but some have arguments to support the thought.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i think that it is not Christ who frowns upon it but the people of the churches.... its people who are so judgemental not the Lord... i have tattoos and i am not that religious for my own reasons but my sisters are and they go to church one of them has tattoos... and they dont complain i think that it is the church... maybe one day such hard judgement will go away and we all wont have to worry about not going to Heaven because of what we look like
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• http://www.sacredink.net/tattoo_and_the_bible/

Here is a really good explanation about this issue!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010