transfer from a crib to a toddler bed?

Well i discover just a minute ago that my toddler (16 month) know how to clime out of the crib. I am super scared for his safety. My crib I can torn it to a toddler bed. But I think his to little. What should I do? Now I am scared to live him alone in the crib.

Jamie8788

Asked by Jamie8788 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Climbing out means it's time for a bed, GL
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• He may fall and get a bump and then decide to not do it again. Many, many kids do this.
    He may climb out and be fine.
    You can put some pillows next to the crib to cushion his fall if does climb out or you can put in a crib tent.
    If you think he is too young for a bed, then find some way to keep him in the crib. Kids can get into a lot of trouble roaming their rooms or the house alone at night.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• play pen.. my sisters daughter is 16 months and does the samething. her baby cant climb out of a play pen though so that is what she now uses
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i wouldnt chance him fallin out of the bed. kids break bones like that.. my sister did when she was little
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• much easier to climb out of a regular crib, much harder to climb out of a pack n' play or play pin. We have 4 kids, only did a crib withour first born. He got his foot stuck in the rails trying to climb out and was flipped upside down with his foot caught. Go get a pack n play, and even if he does climb out of that, its a much shorter fall to the floor.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If your son is climbing out of his crib, you could try a crib tent. If that doesn’t work and you still want to try the crib, you can lower the side rail and put pillows on the floor so if he does climb out he has something soft to land and sleep on.
    When my son started climbing out of his crib he was almost 2 and I moved him to a toddler bed. I just felt it was safer since it was low to the ground. He did still sleep on the floor sometimes at first but, eventually he did realize it was more comfortable to sleep in the bed.
    Good luck. It is no fun once they figure out how to get out.
    NorthernVaMommy

Answer by NorthernVaMommy at 10:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• my-twins-been-in-a-toodler-bed-since-they-were-15months...the-toddler-beds-that-uses-the-crib-mattress-is-great-they-love-it...its-lower-the-the-crib-toddler-bed-too.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008