Anyone had their appendix out?

I've been having the worst pain around my belly button for a couple of days and it's just getting worse and worse. It's mostly just all over but it hurts to the touch around the center. I feel like I"m being paranoid, but I'm worried it could be my appendix. Anyone had theirs out and what were your symptoms?

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 2:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• yes I was 15 year old, I had constant pain in my stomach to the point I could barely walk straight, then I started throwing up within 12 hours and was in the hospital that night to get it taken out.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I had mine out when I was 16 but your appendix is on the right side of your body so it should hurt there the most. It feels like bad period cramps when you move in certain positions. All I could do was lie down. If your concerned go to the hospital just to be safe it will only get worse if it goes unchecked and ends up bursting.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That doesnt sound like you appendix. your appendix is on your lower right side and when you push on it and it stops hurting then go to the doctor or ER specially if you have a fever. If your pain is around your belly button it could be an umbellicus hernia
    mommywood13

Answer by mommywood13 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010