how do you believe in the Bible?

like the Bible.... i tend to think that after a story is told so many times things get changed.... how do we know that it did not happen in the Bible? and who wrote it? and the person that translated it how do you know they didnt change things?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They don't KNOW any of that. They just believe everything they are told by their book of myths and their churches--unless it's the truth, of course. Then they don't want it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• 2 Timothy 3:16 says that 'all scripture is inspired of God'. So no matter how many times it is translated he is going to make sure it says what he wants it to say and in all the different renderings it pretty much does. Just different words used to mean the same thing. He is doing His part and we have to do ours by believing.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I just believe. I don't question the Bible or anything about God. For me it's simple. But I get your point... like the game "telephone". What was first said might not be what gets said in the end. But IDK, I just believe.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I get where you're coming from but most people who believe in the Bible don't question it. Yes we all know it has changed over time but it still says the same thing, just in different forms...
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 2:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I read it differently than most people today do. I don't believe its literal or absolute, or that it represents actual historical events. I believe it has a deeper message that transcends, and that we are to look past the literal events to that deeper meaning. But not many people nowadays agree with me. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I bought a really good book called Where We Got The Bible but it's available for free on the internet at the link I provided.  Before we had the printing press the Bible did have to be rewritten repeatedly, and it does seem appealing to think some may have altered it.  But as the book explains, the old Jewish law for the OT was strict in that, "no one had dared to add anything to the Jewish Scriptures, to take anything from them, or to make any change in them."  The same is true for the NT, and also the Holy Spirit guided the transccribers to protect the Bible from error.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• First, you have to have faith to believe, and second the bible is a revelation of God to man consisting of sixty-six books bound together and forming one book. Even though written by at least thirty-six different authors, the bible is one book because God was its real author. The Spirit of Christ inspired the prophets to show that the whole Bible is a Christian book.2 Peter 1:21 Peter 1:10,11. The bible is Gods book. Because it si His Word it will stand forever. Read Isa 40:8.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I know it can be confusing since there are so many translations but, if you study the bible you will see that there is a constant theme throughout:God's redemtion of man through Jesus Christ. Also, though there are many translations (and there needed to be to ensure that everone had access to it) the same theme and thought is within each verse, regardless of translation. Beyond that, it's my faith that God's word is true. It resonates within me. I recognize my Father's voice it when I read it. It make sense.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I believe in the WORD... Jesus is the WORD of LIFE... the BREAD of Life that came down to give us hope and glory and to know grace!
    The bible is the WORD of LIFE, the Bread of Life.... So I believe in the words written down as something that gives us life!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well, I only believe in the OT and I always analyze it in its original language. I've seen quite a few things there that just prove me that no man could've written it. There's knowledge there that no man of that time could've had.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010