Haven't had a period in over 2 months. Negative hpts and blood tests. Doctor says to wait SIX months before coming back to do more tests. Is this right?

The only test that the doctor did was a blood test to check my HCG levels.

Nandy324

Asked by Nandy324 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• Have you been taking some sort of birth control that might have prevented you from having periods or are you breast feeding?????? Or your hormones are low.

Answer by louise2 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• if you aren't bf and are not on hormonal birth control of some sort, i'd get a second opinion.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No, don't wait 6 months! When I was younger my period was very late one time but I wasn't pregnant, I went to the dr and found out my prolactin levels were high - could have been caused by a tumor on my pituitary gland. Thankfully it wasn't, but it could have been something serious.

Answer by missanc at 3:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If you had negative tests, then your doctor is pretty confident that you are not pregnant. If you are convinced you are pregnant, then ask for an ultrasound.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• the longest ive gone wo being pregnant without a period was ten months. it may just be hormones. if you dont have a pd by the end of the year then, go see a doctor again. GL
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010