What is the toughest time you've had in your marriage?

Why was it hard? How did you get through it? Did you consider divorce? How are things now? Was it worth it?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• dhs addiction to heroin was the hardest for me, id never of left him, i love him, we got him clean and of course i have no regrets .. it was hard cus of no money for anything esp food
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When DH and I lost our baby girl at 22 weeks. I actually thought we were never going to get through it. Dh is very sensitive and couldn't handle the excitement of having his first child then her being taken from him. It almost killed him. He cried more than I did and even started drinking heavily. However, with my love and my understanding we talked "a lot" and got through it. Exactly to the date 2 years later we gave birth to Dagon on the 28th of April which is the same day (April 28th) when we lost Aryan 2 years prior. It was a great gift and we are even stronger than ever!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• In the beginning when our baby daughter was stillborn. It made us stronger as individuals and as a couple.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My dh was out of town for 3 month straight. My son was in his first year of preschool, I had returned to college,etc. It was hard. I never considered divorce. We made it through and so much stronger as a couple. The hardest was our son and he did not sleep through the night for 3 months b/c daddy was not home.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well I can't really say what was the hardest... but it would be one of these.

When I found out 3 yrs into our relationship and over a year into our marriage that he had cheated on me with his ex fiance two months after we started dating 3 yrs prior. Yeah she for whatever reason decided it was a good time to email me and tell me about it just to be a bitch which humorously enough she admitted in the email.
    It took a lot of time for me to rebuild trust and he went through hell to help me get to that point. I never did consider divorce though since we had split up for a short time early in our relationship and agreed to start over... not sure why but it made it easier for me to work through.

When I miscarried 2 times consecutively. It definitely put a strain on us.

Dealing with his bio mother being hateful to me and our miscarried babies.

Never with any did I consider divorce tho...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• In our marriage? Well we've been married for a little over a year but together for almost 9. The hardest part was the 10 months he was laid off. He didn't do anything but literally watch our dtr and take out trash...other than that he watched tv. No divorce but it made me resentful. He now has a job working about 55 hrs a week. I consider it pay back bitch lol
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my 2nd son and was told he would most like be born with downs syndrome. My husband became a hypochondriac during that time which put more stress on me. We never considered divorce though. Now things are much better
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A period of time a little over 16 years ago when: my husband and I could not stand one another, we faught all the time, I shut down cut him off and distanced myself from he as my way of "dealing" , he developed drinking problem as his way of "dealing", we faught even more over that I to the point that I didnt care whether or not he ever came home, he got to the point that he didn't want to come home..The final destructive act was him having a drunken one night stand, and coming home and telling me he did just that.

Yes. we made it through. It was not easy, it was not overnight. It took a few years, lots of cold hard honesty, lots of tears, lots of anger, and LOTS of work/dedication/devotion/and love. We have now been married 25 years. And at this moment in time, I can say without a single reservation that we have an amazing marriage. A marriage that is healthy/healthy/satisfying/fulfilling for BOTH of us.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• the whole thing
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010