making love and sex?

do you think that every time you have sex with your partner it has to be called making love... because sometimes i think we just have sex... making love to me is more romantic like.... i just hear some people freak out if you say that you had sex with your SO and not Made love

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I rarely say make love, I usually say we had sex. But I do think there are times we truly make love and not just have sex.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• To me personally..

They are one in the same.

No matter what "type" of sex my husband and I have, there is still love involved. The physical acts are the same, the feelings are the same.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I answered something like this last night. I personally HATE the phrase "making love" and think that sex is sex is sex. To me, making love is not sex. Making love is the little things between you, like cuddling, holding hands, kissing, etc. I hate that people call sex "making love" because IMO sex does not equal making love. You can have sex with anyone, whether you love them or not. I think it's all just sex or f***ing. Sex can be slow and sweet, passionate, etc., and f***ing is more wild and free. That's just how I see it, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree, I don't see why you have to say that you make love to your SO/DH. I know we make love some nights and other nights its down right crazy sex. Maybe TMI but the other night hubby tied me up and blind folded me. I'm sorry but thats not love making to me. Its fun crazy sex. I think that people have their own opinion but my opinion is you can have it both ways with your SO/DH.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What Mrs.Bat said ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We mostly just have sex... or even can say we f**k. It doesnt feel romantic all the time.... basically only after a fight-- make up sex is most romantic.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There is a huge difference to me. Its the difference between just wanting to get off, and wanted to have an intimate moment. We have both :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010