How do you grocery shop?

So all the sale ads come in.. how do you determine where you're gonna shop to get the best deal?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• I make a list before I even look at the sales ads. I think of the next three- four days of what I can make for lunch and dinner, then I get whatever we need. Usually it is meat, potatoes, vegies, and fruit. We seem to have a large collection of spices since my Mom brought some over to us; so we are lucky there.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Usually weekly, I dont get the paper so I miss out on alot of coupons. But meal planning and writing things down helps me not buy double or forget something so I over shop. I know what my staples are and I tend to print off recipies and see what I have on hand and go from there.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I usualy shop at farmers markets and Aldi's so I don't really use ads
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I usually shop each week as there are only 3 of us. I use my master lists to determine what we are going to have and what I need to buy for that week. Get in and out and only buy what is on my list.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We're lucky that all our stores are close by. We usually have one that has the lowest prices generally speaking. We do go to another store for their $2 deli meat sale. I guess we just kinda way the cost of fuel vs. the money saved on goods. It's not worth it to drive across town to save 10 cents on a gallon of milk.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I shop at the same grocery store every week. It's a local chain and it has the best prices. I always make a list of the things we are out of the things on sale I'm going to buy and use coupons.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We do grocery shopping every week (that's how my paydays work) and we have a limit of $100. We gather up any coupons we have for stuff we use. We also base our shopping list on what we're making for dinner and buy mostly that stuff. Weekly staples (that really shouldn't need to be on the list) include milk, eggs, bread, and cereal. Sometimes, we're a few bucks over, but others, we're about fifteen under $100!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010