can you make online love work when you you live in different states

well i live new hampshire and my love is a usa army currently in irqa but is based out of texas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, my fiance & I lived in different states when we met but we were both originally from Indiana & went to the same school in Indiana. He's 8 years older than me so we weren't in the school at the same time. When we met he lived in Kentucky & I lived in Ohio. Finally we both moved back to Indiana to be with eachother.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 4:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• It can totally work! It's just HARD. Keep your head up and talk to him as much as you possibly can! Send him love packages as often as you can too. Make sure he knows what he is missing so that he will just rush to get back to you as soon as he can!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i tried fell hard but it didn't work cause he was being dishonest. you never really know whats going on on the other end. i just wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket and date men closer to you as well. i limited myself and wasted like a yr on this guy maybe longer. it really sucked cause i really thought we were made for each other. men told me why not date me i'm right here and i still told them no that he was who i wanted. man i felt like a fool later. although your man is in iraq so he is most likely being honest. what could he really hide there accept that maybe he is talking to another girl in your shoes. take it slow and maybe date others.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• do what your heart tells you.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Just like any relationship, some of them work, some of them don't. I've been a military wife for a long time now (married 16 yrs, military / military family for 18). A good chunk of that time has been "long distance". The keys to making it work are: both of you are committed to making it work, trust/ being trustworthy, communication, and knowing that at some point you will be together (for example, will he be getting out of the military and moving where you are, or, when he gets back from Iraq, do you have any plans to maybe join him?) I ask that because, frankly, long distance that's going to be basically forever isn't a "relationship", it's a pen pal. (my bil was in a long distance relationship - not military, and neither was willing to ever relocate, it didn't work.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• sure you can girl! love knows no boundaries :)
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• It all depends on how committed you are. It also depends whether you are both giving to each other the same, and not one person doing all the work. I'm dating a guy in a different state. I feel like I'm #4 in his life behind his work, kids, and ex-wife. Not sure it's working. Relationships should never be one-sided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• it can, but your chances are just as with any other online chance. no matter what any relationship has hard work involved. this will be hard work and distance. lack of communication due to such. The relationship is "in your head" somewhat. Vs what is really happening or has happened. Lots of fantasy can come into play or day dreaming. Keep it real, be honest and see where it goes. People meet all kinds of ways these days. There is a group on here about "met my husband online" stuff like that. You could try a group like that to get more support/ideas. I met my DH 3 and a half years ago, and we have been married 2 years. He is from Canada, I am from the USA. :)
    massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 2:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009