Do you think marijuana should be legalized?

Please state yes or no and your opinion if you would like :)

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 3:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, yes, yes! it will bring revenue to a lot of needy cities, and end the war between drug dealers.........among a lot of other things..............

Answer by older at 3:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes I do.. so many people use it now-a-days.. and I don't think its as dangerous as drinking and that is legal. I just don't think people should be put in jail for marijuana when there are child molesters walking the streets!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes.

I believe that marijuana should be legalized across the board, regulated and taxed like the alcohol industry is..
    I believe that industrial hemp, the planting and cultivation of, should be legalized as well.

Both have great possibility for: job/industry growth, and tax revenues.. Not to mention the "tourist" dollars that go to places like Amsterdam would also start flowing here as well.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• May I add this.

When I see people discussing the legalization issue. I see many who are very short sighted. They only focus on "Smokers". People smoking weed. The other possible industries/businesses that could stem from legalization are not mentioned. When I think about legalization, I think about things like: the food products that are sold in medical dispensaries and how those types of products could be expanded and the jobs/industry in that area that could be created, the smoking clubs/bars (like Hookah bars) that can open, the industry for growers and cultivators even harvestors would be employed...etc.

As far as industrial. All of the bath/body/food products that contain some form of hemp in them, are all produced from IMPORTED hemp. Legalize industrial hemp, and there is yet another job/business growth possibility.

I see far beyond just people buying and smoking marijuana when I think of legalization.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Good points Pixie. I think many approach the topic from a "moral" perspective.

Answer by Sisteract 2 minutes ago

----------------------------------
    OR from a HEALTH standpoint. I quit cigs 7 years ago and want to make sure my lungs stay healthy.
    So....NO.
    But you guys light up if you need it.

So, as I said,I'm done.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• NO
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes. I do not use it; but I agree with older.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• NO
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Definitely. I'm no longer a smoker, but not only would it help out the financial crisis, but it would save cells in prison/jails for people who deserve them, the states would make more money taxing it than they do locking up people with petty amounts of marijuana on them. People would be able to grow it themselves, therefore drug dealers would take a huge hit. There will always be other drugs imported into the country, but legalizing marijuana would take a big chunk of $$ out of the hands of corrupt drug cartels in other countries.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010