Renters Insurance....

Do you have renters insurance if so how much and what does it cost you? Im looking into it, although knock on wood I havent ever needed anything like it!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work in insurance and it can be from $5 to 45 a month depending on the amount of coverage you need and your claims history
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think ours is about $20 a month. We were required to have it at our last apartment and just carried it over into the house we rent.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We have it. It's really cheap and if you go through the same company as your auto insurance your monthly bill actually goes down.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We require it of our tenants and usually it is only about 20-30 a month. We require they show us proof they have it and we call and verify the policy is still in effect every 6 months.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When I rented (for close to 10 years) I had renter's insurance. I don't remember what it covered, but it definitely covered the cost of my belongings. It was around $20 a month. I also had extra insurance for more valuable items like computers, cameras, camera lenses, wedding ring. Things that cost upwards of $1000 or more to replace. That was another $5.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes we do. It's usually pretty cheap if you combine it with car insurance. We pay $75 a year. It's replacement cost not actually value at the time it was stolen/burned/flooded and it has a $500 deductible. I"m not sure what the limit was, but I think it was $20,000 or $30,000. That's probably something I should know.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010