Juice?

Do you give juice to your child? If so what kind and how much throughout the day? I give a sippy cup a day to mask the taste of liquid meds. Just wanting to know what else I can try.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 3:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I give approx. 2-3 oz a day to hide his liquid multivitamin w/ iron. Usually something like juicy juice (fruit punch, apple, white grape, etc) and I add a few oz of water. I tried Mott's for Tots but he didn't seem to like it as much. Most pediatricians recommend no more than 4-6 oz a day. They also say that if they're good about eating fruits and veggies they don't HAVE to have it. I mostly give it to him to hide the vitamin (he needs the iron more than anything) and to give him some variety without anything too bad. He's good about drinking milk and water by itself most days too.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I give my son a total of one whole cup a day...its still diluted for him.....I dont know what else you could try to mask med taste. I like juicy juice and the tropicana cold juices......
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That's my daughter. I have to give her a multivitamin w/iron. Mots my daughter did not like. I use Gerber for toddlers or fruitables (it has a serving of fruit & veggies). The rest to the day it's water or milk.
    OliviaW.

Comment by OliviaW. (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son is 13 months old and I don't give it to him too often. Occasionally I'll add it to some water in his sippy cup, but usually he just has either water or milk.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Juicy Juice Fruit Punch is my favorite of favorites! I don't give juice to my kids though very often. In their 2 year and one year life span they've maybe had 8 oz's.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• juicy juice, or any 100% juice. ANd they can have u to 4 cups a day ( that is what is recommended) as long as yu practice proper tooth care
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I usually give my son Mots tots, but when I'm done with this bottle I am just going to give him Ocean Spray Cran-apple,blueberry or etc....he seems to love that more than the mots tots.. He usually has a 10oz bottle once a day 1/2 juice 1/2water...than the rest of the day is milk and water..he eats all his veggies and fruit so he reay doesn't need juice but i think we all need a change in our day..
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010