Do your kids get flu shots?

Do you ever question if they should or not?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My children dont get any shots.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 3:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No they do not get the flu shot, and no I never question it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes and he has for the last 8 years. He is completely immunized because when I made my decisions I thought about how my decisions affect EVERYONE I come in contact with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No. They not only create a worse flu reaction then if someone wouldn't have gotten them, but also I don't agree with chemically altering my child's immune system. My child should be able to fight off the flu on their own. That being done with healthy diets, excersise, and good amounts of sleep. If my child cannot do that on their own then we'll take other actions, but a flu shot to me isn't an option. I don't agree with them and find they cause worse reactions then without. My children are one and two and have never had anything more then a simple head cold. I myself and my husband haven't had the flu in years. None of us have ever gotten a flu shot.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• yup every year... i like to keep my son safe... and come down to it when the seasons hit that is the worse time... i'd hate to see my son sick with the flu and crazy fevers.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Nope.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No I do not give any of my five children the flu shot. I think it is good for their immune system for them to have childhood illnesses.
    But, I get the flu shot for myself. If I had someone to care for my kiddos and the house while I was sick in bed I would opt not to get it, but as this is not the case I can not afford to be sick.
    Thanks
    I hope you are having a good day.
    elizabeth5

Answer by elizabeth5 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• They did but not anymore. The last time my children were giving the flu shot, 2 months later my oldest dd was hospitalized with the flu.

Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 3:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I do, my daughter has asthma so she is high risk for other things, and I just get my son one b/c we are there.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010