How do I forget about the other woman that my husband has been talking to?

I found out that my husband has been talking to another woman for about a mth and he and she both say they are just friends, but he lied to me all the time about who he was talking to and he even ignored my calls just to talk to her, and the kicker he lied and said he was with friends one night when he was out with her, but still denies that anything happened! I'm at a wall and can't seem to find a door!!!

lmarie26

Asked by lmarie26 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't forget about it. But I have no tolerance for lies within a relationship.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• why should you forget about it? You have a right to be upset if he's lying to be around another woman, and what does she have that you don't have - wuold he be ok with you hooking up with some random guy and having a friend "relationship " after lying about being with him and talking to him?? I doubt it... it isn't ok.. no part of it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• oh no I totally understand how you feel. So how did they met? And if nothing happened why did he keep her a secret until you found out about her? And why did he lie? Maybe nothing happened yet? Maybe it did and hes lying to you again. Talk to him. Tell him how are you supposed to trust him after what hes done. I would feel betrayed and sad.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Why would you have to forget about such a thing? You deserve to feel comfortable in the relationship, not to forget about the past. You get it cleared up under your rules, or move on, never forget.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• cheater cheater cheater..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My personal view and yes it is one that was created through experience, is this.

The woman. Not my issue. Not my concern.
    My husband and only my husband would be my issue and concern.

She means nothing to me. She owes me nothing. She is not worthy of me even giving a second though to. She is completely inconsequential and irrelevant to me.

My husband on the otherhand.. He owes me plenty. And he would have much to answer for in order for me to decide if HE was worthy of a second thought or not.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• He's been lying to you for months and probably cheating, emotionally anyways, so why should you forget it?? He needs to forget her, apologize to you, and prove that he can be trustworthy again. This isn't on you - it's on him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would not trust it and I am having my own trust issues with mine!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My theory is if there is nothing to hide why hide it? I don't think there is a reason you should forget about it
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well, if they both lied about the relationship, how do you know or better yet, how can you be sure they are not lying about the relationship going any further? Your husband crossed the lines when he began talking to this woman, ignoring your calls and putting her before you. If you continue to allow this to happen, he'll continue lying to you...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010