Do you like your kid's friends?

Are you happy with their choices? Do you (or would you) try to direct them in who they choose?

Jambo4

Asked by Jambo4 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I like most of my daughters friends if I try to discourage her from them then it just makes her want to hang out with them more
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I like some and don't like others. When one seemed to be a negative influence I told my daughter to stop inviting her over, and when another friend seemed to be a positive influence I encouraged my daughter to invite her over more often.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There is only one of D's friends I can't stand and he lives across the street so it is hard to keep him away.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have never meddled in my kids choices of friends, they have done a pretty good job choosing themselves, they know what to look for, my son who is the youngest has a circle of friends that I am very proud of, they come to my house and party, never leaving a mess or even a trace of it afterward, now those are awesome young adults!

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I like all of my DS's friends. His best friend is a kick of a kid and just what my DS needs to lighten him up sometimes.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my children choose their firends, i refuse to teach them to be judgemental. But if they were in some wa in danger or n a bad situation, I would limit or control the friendship more!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I like a good majority of my kids friends and the ones that are good to them are welcome to come to the house regularly the ones that I am not as fond of they get once in a while visits. I have only one time told my youngest he could no longer have a person as a friend and the circumstances were very extreme so it was for his safety.
    danis3plus2

Answer by danis3plus2 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010