Thanksgiving dinner

So last year was my first host experience for thanksgiving I made dinner for like 10 people. Well this year I am soo not up for th e challenge of cooking a meal like that right now...Instead of having everyone bring a dish or whatever I thought of having everyone put a few dollars in and ordering from cracker barrel, they give you turkey, 4 sides, tea, and a pie....Would you be offended if you were asked to contribute money instead of food? Its only our moms and grandmas and hubbys dad I think....My goal is to allieveate stress and enjoy family time?! IDK thoughts. ideas?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I would do what you think is okay. I see nothing wrong with it but you might miss the smells of the holiday in your home and kitchen. I cook a big meal and just me and my husand and three kids. I would have people bring an item and just do one thing if that helps. Or cook just the turkey and buy the sides and then order dessert. Hope you have a good holiday to you and your family.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't agree with the idea. I think it takes away from the Holiday spirit. I would suggest having it be a potluck. That would be less stressful on everyone and nobody would have to dig into their pocket to buy a premade meal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think this is a great idea, I do not see why anyone would be offended, the purpose in the end is to be together...

Answer by older at 3:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm not a fan of the idea. I say either cook or go out to a nice place and eat, but I wouldn't say, hey, give me money and I'll order out, but that's just me....if I'm invited to someone's house for dinner, of course I offer to bring something as it is a nice gesture, but if I was invited and they said, ok pay men xx.xx for dinner, I'd be talking about it for years, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• pay "me" not men...
    gramsmom