The apple pie in the kitchen is calling my name... help me resist, ladies!

I have 15 pounds to lose until I am at my pre-pregnant weight and 53 pounds to lose until my goal weight. I keep putting off getting serious about my diet for stupid reasons... stress, holidays, etc. I REALLY want to eat healthier and lose this weight, for my health.

What are your tricks to help you resist (strong) temptation?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

•  

Does this help?

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No seriously... When I try to resist something, I go brush my teeth. I will not eat anything with freshly brushed teeth.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I really do try to keep the unhealthy food in the house to a minimum. I also utilize the brushing the teeth trick...but, honestly, if you REALLY want a piece of pie, have a tiny piece. Constantly denying yourself can be counterproductive. Just remember, portion control is key.

Have a SMALL piece of pie and then go for a 1/2 hour walk. Trade off's work REALLY well for me.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• ugh,... I lost 20 of 40 and gained 10 of it back already.. so I am now 30 lbs away from my goal.. its so hard...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• hmm I eat if for you, lol :-)
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It helps me by not having the temptation in my house.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Amelia, I usually keep these sorts of things out of my house, but we just had Samhain and we feast to celebrate. I permitted myself to make the pie as a treat for the holiday KNOWING that there are only three of us who eat in our family (my son is 3 months and only eats breastmilk lol) AND knowing that my husband wasn't going to help me eat it as much as he always says he will. AND knowing that I have a hard time resisting sweets AND knwoing that my 2 year old also doesn't help me eat sweets very much. I wish I had some family to pawn this pie off on lol.

Beautee, thank you lol. That pic did help, actually :p And I'm going to brush my teeth right now.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh, good luck with that one - love the image from American Pie!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If food is not in the house (unhealthy food I mean) that helps me. We don't really eat out much, so just keeping healthy foods and snacks in the house is the key. Having desserts or fattening things around is a guarantee I will eat it!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• maybe eat an apple instead
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010