Appetizer

I know I didn't spell it correcty, but I need an appetizer for this weekend. I am going to a party (just grown-ups) the host and hostess are supplying the drinks and entertainment and we have to bring something to snack on. So I need some ideas on what to bring...

becbec71705

Asked by becbec71705 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• deviled eggs.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You spelled it right.

Personally I like veggies and dip.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My husband and I have made a buffalo chicken cheese dip with some tortilla chips and it's always a winner.

Here is a link to a good recipe. You can also substitute the Ranch for Bleu Cheese if you prefer... or make both.
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/buffalo-chicken-dip/Detail.aspx
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with ballewal. Veggies and dip is always a hit, and its healthy. You could also consider a fruit tray. I personally love those little rolled sandwiches from Sam's Club. Not sure what they're called, but they're like turkey and cheese rolled into soft tortilla shells, then sliced.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Take a round loaf of sourdough bread and cut off the top and hollow out to make a bowl. Full it with spinach and artichoke dip and serve with the bread cubes on the side with pita chips. YUM!

The best part is when the dip is all gone and you eat the bowl.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I highly recommend the buffalo chicken dip, didn't see if its the same recipe as I use but it is fabulous!

If you want to do something a little fancier you can make pesto crustinis with roasted pepper and feta cheese or blue cheese crustinis with pecans and dates drizzled with honey, omg I'm drooling they are so good, hummus crustinis with prosciutto...

You could do a 7 layer dip, artichoke dip either homemade, or the one from Sam's Club is freaking AWESOME.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yum - I love and make a good buffalo dip. I've only ever made it though to serve in my own home.
    Another spin on the deviled eggs - make them with crab. Super yummy
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I like MrsDAPs idea about the deviled eggs.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• buffalo chicken dip is always a hit-blue cheese dip w/ crackers-pizza dip-spinach/artichoke dip w/bread chunks
    MLH92108

Answer by MLH92108 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010