Trust Issues adult content

I'm having trust issues with my DH and I put a tight grip on him not wanting for him to go anywhere at all except for work without me. I want to learn how to trust him again and give him his freedom so that he can go to the store without my worrying. How should I go about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Has he done something to make you not trust him?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would say communication is key. Make sure he knows how you really feel and get to the root of your insecurities. Hopefully, he can help ease your mine. Also, send texts throughout the day, so you know what's going on and feel in the loop with what he is doing. Good luck.
    abbysmommy429

Answer by abbysmommy429 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• you said trust him again that means he has broken you trust before. Thats pretty hard cause they do say once a cheater always a cheater. I do not know if he cheated on you but if it was teh case I dont know if I ever could trust him again.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think he has cheated before and I don't want to leave him I don't know what to do!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You have to let go of your insecurities. You can't hold on so tight to the man because of your fears. He needs breathing room too...you didn't mention what he did to have you feeling this way about him but in all honesty, how can you live with and love someone that you don't trust...life has go to be miserable...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You either trust him or you don't, keeping a hold on him this way will eventually turn on you, there is no relationship without trust.

Answer by older at 3:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• well if he cheated on you I'm sorry to say that most likely your relationship will always be like this :( you will always have that "what if" question in your head. I advise you to SERIOUSLY sit down & decide if this is how you want the rest of your life to go. If you decide yes, then I advise counseling, even if its just with a pastor. If it was something else then you & your DH need to have a serious convo! It may seem easier w him on a leash but it may make him resent you :(
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 3:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Depends on what he did to inspire the distrust in the first place.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You "think" he cheated...but have no proof? You are going to have to just let him go out without you. I mean, I would think he's going to get pretty upset, pretty quickly if he's not allowed to go anywhere without a leash. You just have to let him go. And I wouldn't call or text him just to check up on him, because that won't help you get through your trust issues. If you need to ask him to pick up something from the store or whatever then it's fine. That is your husband... trust, honesty, and communication are the biggest foundation elements in a marriage. Good luck!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• ''tight grips'' dont work
    how old are you
    most males will do as they please , and lie about it
    decide if you want to keep dealing with this sh''t cause you will be
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010