my 9 month old daughter has a bump on her lip on her vagina, it was really small when i noticed it yesterday, today when i changed her it has gotten bigger and more pink, my friend said it can be a pimple, what do you think ?? please help!!!

my daughter had a pink bump on her vagina , can you help me figure out what it can be ???

bmsoraghan

Asked by bmsoraghan at 4:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my niece had one too. could be a pimple.. if u r worried about it take her to the dr.. wouldnt hurt to be safe
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I'd just check it out with the doc.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Don't freak though (I know I have a slight tendency to do so), I bet it's okay.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I developed something similar-sounding while I was pregnant, only mine was a little more internal. My OB said it was a sevaceous (sp?) cyst and nothing to worry about. I was pretty freaked out, too, but it's not really something they treat unless it's in the way, lol. I'd talk to your doc abut it, though, just as you would any weird lump.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Are these bumps white with a darker center?
    Anonymous

• A few weeks ago, my 6 month old daughter had something that sounds similar to what you described. It was a really red bump, but did not have a whitehead or anything that looked like a pimple. I cleaned her really well at each diaper change, and made sure to apply neosporin or diaper ointment before putting on the new/clean diaper. After about 4 days it cleared up. I figured it was just an area of skin or possibly a hair follicle that got irritated and needed some time to heal. Keep an eye on your baby, if it gets crusty, oozes, or develops into something more like a rash, I would call her doctor right away. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If it is one it can be a pimple but if a few it can be a yeast inf.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 2:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008