I have a 2 yr old with twins on the way. Would you recommend a triple stroller or will a double be sufficient?

hodgsonkc

Asked by hodgsonkc at 3:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Double will suffice and you don't want the bulk of a triple.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have no experience with this but I would think a double and a sling. That way if the older one wants to ride you can wear a baby. By the time the babies are not 'wearable' anymore the older one will be old enough to walk for sure!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Triple would be good because your 2 y/o could get tired of walking.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• depends on the kids... by the time mine were 18mo, keeping them in the stroller was harder then letting them walk. if you are in a situation where you need all three contained i'd recomend wearing one, then putting the other 2 in the double.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 4:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with a double and a sling. Put one baby and the two year old in the stroller and carry the other baby. Also you could get a backpack leash for the older one is he wants to walk. I know lots of people hate them, but in your case I think most people would understand. Your LO's safety is important.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My middle was 2 1/2 when my baby was born. We never had a double stroller. There were a few times I could have used one. But we were fine. You must have a single stroller around. Your husband could push that and you could take the double if need be. Start with the double. You will need it anyway. The oldest will be out of a stroller long before the other 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My first was 22 months when my second was born, and we never got or needed a double stroller. So I would imagine a double would be fine in your case, just for the babies. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'd go double. You'll find that once a kid is two you use the stroller less and less.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think a double would do justice. Seeing as your toddler can walk (I figure) and you'll not use it as often with him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I personally would get a double stroller with a stand & stand part for the 2 year old. Even though the toddler can walk they get tired too.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010