How do you potty train a special needs 14 year old?

My daughter is 14 and is slow for her age and still in diapers we are trying to get her out them how do you potty train a 14 year old where to start?

Sammymum

Asked by Sammymum at 8:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't have any advice, I just wanted to offer a big *hugs* and I hope that you're able to find all the information you're looking for with this.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• you put them on the toliet first with there clothes they have to get comfortable with the toliet then slowly put a toy box next to it after nap time first thing still when there half asleep u put them on the toilet and when they first wake up
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I'm going through the same thing with my 4 yr. old. I have had alot of people to tell me to let a child that is potty trained to teach them. I haven't tried it, but I think I am going to.
    totallytired

Answer by totallytired at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008