13 months & bonding

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can bond more with my 13 month old?
We used to have an incredible bond but since she's become mobile it has kind of diminished and I definitely miss it:[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if ur not with her 24/7 anymore then there is not much u can do.what u should definatly not do is spoil her when u do get the time with her the bond will come back on its own
    kimylina

Answer by kimylina at 4:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• So you HAD A bond and now its gone because you aren't holding her all the time? Just curious to see what you mean, that was in no way bashing.. I had a bonding issue with my son as an infant but once it came - it never left - its phases I think you will find you like more and like less, but I think that "bond" doesn't really go away.. or maybe It does.. IDK... I wish you the best of luck..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Make sure you still do things with her that require cuddling like looking at books while she sits on your lap, etc. She would not be happily exploring if you had not given her the security to do so from a wonderful bond. Don't worry she still needs you more than you know!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree with elizabr, I think the bond is still there, it just shows up in different ways as kids get older.....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010