Do you get x-mas gifts for your extended family?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• No. We do a Kris Kringle so we only have to buy one gift and everyone just picks one.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Not usually, because there are so many and I have no idea what to get everyone. I do get something for my Grandma though, and then the rest of us draw names and do a gift exchange.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We get gifts for my husband's grandparents (usually pictures of the kids), my parents, and my sister's family. We also do a gift exchange with my husband's family where all the adults bring a generic gift and the kids have drawn names in advance. That's as far as we extend.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Not usually i do try to send most of them a card though.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think we are going to do Christmas pictures this year for our parents and grandparents, and we are buying for my nieces and nephew. DH's family doesn't exchange gifts with extended family, they usually draw names but we don't since we are not close to home. We are also going to have photo calendars made for my parents and his mom with pics of the kids in it. We don't have a lot of money this year for Christmas, so we are going more toward homemade, and we found a website that is doing buy 3 photo calendars for the price of 1. So we are going to probably do that. I am making homemade fleece tied blankets for the nieces and nephew as well as for my own kids. the girls are going to get a mini version of their blankets for their dolls also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No, not at all.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• neices and nephews and my cousin's kids because growing up and all my cousins are basically apart of my immediate family. adults not so much.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I get something for my Mom and stepdad and my niece's little boy who is 2 but that is all. Don't have the money to buy for everyone and the 2 year old is the only little one now. We do donate to Toys for Tots tho.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010