Family Drama

Me and my sister are both married to two brothers everytime things go wrong in their marriage it cause confusion in our marriage. Me and hubby agreed to stay out of their business and any other family business that do not concerns us. Well my sister and bil is at it again and as we said we staying out of it. Well I went to my other sister house and she rip me into two saying that i need to stick with "my family" and blood is thicker than water and when it comes down to it if my husband had to choose over me and his brother he will choose his brother so therefore I need to stick by my sister. I tried to explain to her once I took my vows my husband became my family, and that their drama has nothing to do with me. Why should I let go of my marriage just because they can't get theirs right?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 4:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you that you have to stick with your family and that is your husband now. When you married him your allegiance to him trumped your allegiance to your sister, especially when it comes to her marital matters. It's not like she is out on the street and you are refusing to help her because your husband doesn't like her. You are smart enough to recognize that you and your husband getting in the middle of her and her husband isn't going to do anything but cause more problems. You just have to stick to your guns on this one.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with you. Dont listen to your sister. Stay out of other peoples drama
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• you are right. basically does he want you to beak up with you husband because shes having problems with hers? If she were to get a divorce do you have to get one too? That idiotic. Thats real life here and not kindergarten and I would tell her this, I would say I love you and I am always there for you but you cant expect me to do such a thing.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I totally agree with you! You are doing the right thing and honestly if your DH is saying that he will also stay out of his brothers issues and you are both on the same page then all should be fine. Ignore your sister because she is trying to get you to go against all that is right for you and your DH! GL
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You shouldn't. You're making a good choice, staying out of other people's drama - it wouldn't be helpful or healthy to get involved.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010