how can i help0 my doughter

she is 6 and when she went back to school she was a A* student.now she is doing very bad in her vocabulary test even thou she gets all off em right the night before.She stopt paying attention in school and instead of listening to the teacher she talks to others

kimylina

Asked by kimylina at 4:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• if she does it right at home and does it wrong in the test, maybe shes scared of the test scared to fail.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• ybe she is being bullyied , or teacher is mean to her , or teacher not controlling class , or something new at home
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• She needs to learn when it's ok to be talking and when it's not. It's not ok to stop paying attention because you'd rather be talking to your friends. Since she obviously can do the work, I'd be punishing the low performance and restricting privileges until the reports of talking during work time stop.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sometimes focus just comes with age, my son has a hard time with tests and pressure but is getting better as he gets older.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would talk to the teacher and get a feel for what she thinks. Maybe there are kids in the class that aren't listening and she wants to be friends with them so she is acting like they are. Or maybe there are other factors that the teacher can shed some light on for you. Plus, you may be able to get a feel for the teacher to see if maybe her and your daughter just aren't meshing. Ya know? Good luck to you though, I am sure this is driving you crazy.
    Oh and if it is something like test anxiety, maybe you can help her by teaching her to spell the words to song. It helps my daughter learn them easier. Like her name is Keara and I taught her to spell her name by singing the Jell-o song but with her letters. It helps a lot.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• maybe is her nerves about the pressure of tests
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I know it could just be the talking problem but make sure she doesn't need glasses or something like that. My son had a lot of problems before we realized he needed glasses. Just one idea............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• has anything changes in her life, if so she would be act out the only way she know
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010