back in the millitary

My husband is going back to the millitary because his job now just aint throuwing out alot off money how do i preper my 3 kids and how do i make it easyer on them when hes in iraq

kimylina

Asked by kimylina at 4:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• wellhun, we have been military for almost 6 years, and we have 4 kids and 1 on the way. onestly my DH has NEVER deployed and probably never will! He is a parachute rigger, and they are on volunteer basis for deploying. find the right jo, and he may not. They will be fine, and you will be much better off! My DH will serve for a total of 26 years and then retire at 43 with full retirement! Realx, he is GUARANTEED to deploy.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• How old are they? My DH is joining the army and the kids are still to young to understand but DS will be 3 when DH leaves for basic and DD will be 1 1/2 we are getting both of them a build a bear to wear camo and with daddy saying I love you.. Your LO's might be older but if mine were older I would just explain to them why he is doing it and dont hide it.
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Okay, your husband is going back in to the military - you want to prepare your children and make his absence easier on them. How old are the children?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• How old are they? Since he was in before were they born yet, do they remember? The best thing is to be honest with them...tell them that daddy is going to work for a while. Make sure you tell them in a way that is appropriate for their ages. Do you know for sure that he will be deploying right away? There is no reason to upset them if he doesnt even have orders to go anywhere yet. You should let them know about daddy's "new" job though and the things that he does also the possibility of him having to leave for work for a while. We have been through quite a bit of time away from each other in my husbands 8 years in with two kids and they seem to adjust much easier than adults do.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son is 16 month my two girls r 5 and 6. he will have to deploy.he is going back to the same job that he had before he left.He ill also be in training for about 8 weeks in Arizona the girls will definitely understand that he has to go but were worried about our son.My husband is scared that my son will not recognize him when he gets back but we r preparing as good as possible for his leave and i might go back to Germany with my children for the year that he is gone to visit my family .I just hope it doesn't mess the kids up to much.Oh god i just don't know what the right thing would be.
    kimylina

Comment by kimylina (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010