im having contractions call doc or go to l&d

ok i have been having contractions 4 mins apart acording to the contraction counter last 30 to 50 sec each one i have had 23 in a hr should i call doc or go to L&D im 37 weeks and this is my 3rd child?? never went naturally befor always been induced

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call the doc

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• also no blooy show and my water hasnt broken im just having strong contractions
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• thought you were to go to the hospital or call your doctor when tehy every 5 min apart. Call him to make sure.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Go to l&d because they will monitor you and give u a pelvic exam to see if you are dialating. And its better to be safe! I went into labor at 37 weeks with one of my kids.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• give the doc a call, also drink some water...you could just be a little dehydrated...doc is probably going to want you to head to l&d if they are that close together.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Birth isn't an emergency. With contractions only lasting 30 seconds I would think that it is early labor if it is. No guarantee, though! I'd drink some water and rest for a while before I did either.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Just call the doctor. And see what he suggests. Drink some water and lay on your left side for a bit. It isn't an emergency. And you don't have to have bloody show to be in labor and your water never has to break, baby can be born in an intact sac.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My doctor specifically said not to call her, that the hospital would call when I was admitted.

If you're definitely in labor, not questioning it at all, then I would just go to the hospital, and they'll handle the rest. If you have doubts, then call your doc, if he doesn't have stipulations like mine did, though he'll probably tell you to go on to the hospital.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree call the dr first and see what they say, I had small contractions most of the day before things really got going with my second one and I spent most of that time at home. He will probably tell you to go to the hospital though so be prepared for that.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Call your doctor. He may want to meet you at the hospital.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010