Ready for potty training...?

Even though the title says it all I wanna know how early is to early? My daughter is almost 16 months old. I have been introducing the potty chair to her slowly the past couple of weeks trying to get her used to it before I really try to start working with her. I just sit her down on it and explain what she has to do in it, nothing more. Last week she did pee in it but that was it. Today she looked at her and said 'butt'. I had just changed her so I took her to the potty just to see what would happen and she went potty. She lets us know when she has went to the bathroom and needs her diaper changed now. Should I continue doing what I am doing or really start trying to potty train her now? I don't want to rush her or anything.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 4:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Keep doing what your doing, seems to be working just fine. You don't want her to go backwards if you push it on her to soon. Seems like a smart lttle one you have there!
    Halfpint01

Answer by Halfpint01 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Seems a little early to me but who knows....try it. Worst that can happen is she doesn't want any part of it and you have to wait a little longer. I know girls generally "get it" earlier and have some friends who had their daughters trained by 19 months.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would potty train her to see where it go if she can let you know when she went to the bathroom then it seems like she ready to me. Good Luck!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would try it as well
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010