Do you just get frustrated with your kids??

Holy crap! These guys are driving me nuts! I was trying to sweep and mop the kitchen, and it literally took and hour to get this done due to fighting, yelling, screaming, asking for crap, 2 year old claiming he needed to pee when he just wanted to play in the bathroom etc etc etc. omg sometimes I wonder why people even want kids! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 5:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• Amen sister! I love my kids to death and they do bring me alot of joy as well, but I am so tired of the fighting and yelling. They truly suck the life out of me sometimes.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 5:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I hear ya! As we speak I have my 7 year old daughter chattering in my ear about how rude her foster brother is. Just when I THOUGHT they were settled down for a minute watching a movie.These two fight and argue about everything. Plus they're all hyped up because it's Halloween and if I have to answer to "Is it trick or treat time?" ONE MORE TIME I'm going to lose it.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• not trying to be mean, but i wonder why -YOU- even have kids. :-/

Thats just how kids are. If they want to play, then they want to play and you need to stay calm and explain them that you have to clean the house first and then its playtime. But you guys cant play in a "dirty" house. You prolly have to explain it a hundred times, but someday they will understand. If you yell at them they will keep going, because they are testing you.. Testing how far they can go. You just have to stay cool. ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Everyone gets impatient once in a while. It's because we're human. ;)
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I have kids because I got pregnant on accident 2 times ;)

I have a hard time explaining to them I need to do chores. They honestly wouldn't care if the house was dirty or not, but my husband and I do care!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I believe what you just posted is the true def. of a mom.~laughs~ hang in there it does get better.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I get frustrated with my kids all the time -- it doesn't mean you're a bad parent. It makes you human. My kids drive me nuts, I definitely have days that I am like, "Oh my gosh what were we THINKING??" Maybe there are some perfect parents out there that never get annoyed - certainly isn't me. I love my kids, I love having kids, many days I feel so lucky to have what we have -- some days I am ready to scream and pull out my hair.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• honey my kids drive me insane too, I say thats what kids do. Mine are age 16, 8 and 6 and I have not found it to get easier yet lol...... hang in there mom
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I completely understand today my little one was in the play-saucer and pooped everywhere he was skating in it so get him cleaned up and clean up the mess then my 4 year old asks every 5 seconds when everyone will be here for trick-or-treat. Not to mention the little one is sick so he was crying the whole time I was trying to clean it up because I wasn't holding him. I like to think that everyone has a few moments every so often when they just get a little overwhelmed and it's not just me. But don't get me wrong I have great kids and love them to death but I do remember life before kids.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Good to know I am not alone!! I am with my 4 yr old 24/7!! he even sleeps with me! I have 2 teenegers that are night and day and never know when I will trip over a "mood" or come across one of them being sweet and talkitive.
    I have to think back to when I wanted a baby, I never gave much thought to them becoming kids and then teens!!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008