• In the Spotlight:

Is it ok to discuss your sex life with friends?

The reason I ask is that our friends are very very close to us. We talk about everything. I however have a problem talking about DH's and my sex life while they have no problem with talking about theirs. Dh also finds it a bit strange. I love them to death and they are OUR family persay since our blood relatives are too much drama (another story...LOL). DH and I often decline discussing our personal sexual history and they don't push it but we sometimes feel left out of the conversation or pushed aside.

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 4:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Its fine to want to keep your personal life personal, I have talked to many friends about my sex life to a point. mainly to get pointers and see what kinds of things they have done to spice things up and sometimes ill give TMI but we just end up laughing and thats it.
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well we never seem to have a problem being open to talk if others want to.. if you aren't comfortable though, they shouldn't talk about theirs or maybe they don't GET that you aren't comfy with it?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I never wanted to discuss sex, my sex life,with friends. There are things that should be kept private---sex is one.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i believe it depends on ur preference. if u dont feel comfortable discussing it, then dont. they wont judge u for it, and if u feel left out, ask to change subjects.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 4:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I will discuss my sex life but leave out the details. You can always ask them to change the subject or share less because it makes you uncomfortable. If they are your friends, they may have not realized and maybe will apologize.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes certain things about sex life is OK to talk about... As long as no one is being disrespected or anything..
    Its kinda gross if someone goes on about something graphic (describing in detail a great head job).. or if its said in a hurtful way (how much body has changed, or how bad they are at a sexual act).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't think you should feel like you have to descuss you and your DH sex life, thats personal.
    Between you and your DH
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have a couple of close girlfriends that we'll talk about our sex lives. But not in detail. More in generalities. Like, "my DH was very amorous last night, must be because busy season is over at his work..." But that's as detailed as I ever get. I like keeping our intimate life private and just between him and me.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010