Boiling biscuits to add to a stew?

Making stew tonight, its actually almost done.. Hubby called and asked me to cut biscuits into fourths and boil them in hot water (since the stew is about done) and then add them to the stew.. He said a lady from his work told him this works and is very good.. Can you boil biscuits is my question? And will they be actually cooked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have never used canned biscuits but I have made corn meal dumplings and flour dumplings. I imagian it would work well and taste fine. The texture may take getting used to . I grew up on it my DH thinks it's gross. lol. They are smooth or 'slimy' as he say's on the outside and dry and biscuity on the inside.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Actually you could throw them right in if it had more time it needed to cook. My mom makes quick chicken and dumplings that way. She pinches the canned biscuits into pieces and throws them right in with the chicken and juice to cook.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010