what else to do w/ half and half?

I ran out of coffee and will give it a break for a while lol. But what could I do with the rest of the half and half in my fridge? Can I add it to recipes at all?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Make a lower fat version of fettuccine Alfredo.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I use it it many things that call for milk that I want a richer flavor in; like I made cornbread last night which calls for 1 cup of milk. I used half cup and half cup of half-n-half.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I use it in mashed potatoes sometimes if I have some left over
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can use it anywhere you use milk - it'll just be a little richer.
    Anonymous

• I use it in a lot of things. Mac n cheese instead of milk. I add it to leftover potatoes along with an egg and a few teaspoons of flour to make potato pancakes. My husbund pours it on top of his oatmeal.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Do you have a can of peaches? You can warm up the peaches and then pour the half and half over them, warm it all up a little more and you have peaches and cream!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I've used it in scrambled eggs instead of milk or any recipe that calls for milk really. I've even put some in smoothies.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I often use it instead of whipping cream in dinners ( like: baked spaghetti or chicken breast in the oven on 350 w/ 1/2&1/2, onions, salt 'n pepper and a good deal of curry powder. 30-45 min. later: yum on top of rice :) [You could also add red, orange or yellow bell peppers if you have them on hand.]
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• mashed potatoes, penne vodka, any cream sauces, scrambled eggs. I use it a lot.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Make some pudding, if you have pudding box.. or flan!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010