Ghosts

I have read comments on here about people not believing in ghosts until they physically see one stand in front of them, yet they will believe in a God that they say they feel in their hearts? How does this work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• confusedthat's food for thought...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yep, I've often wondered the same thing myself.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thats a question that will get someone thinking!
    Stl_mom_314

Answer by Stl_mom_314 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• According to the Bible, we go to be w/ The Lord when we pass (absent in body, present w/ The Lord), so IMO, if there are ghosts, they are either demons trying to trick us or maybe people who are not Gods children (however nice they may be in the eyes of the world).

I am partial to the demon explanation, myself.

And please note, this is JUST my opinion, the Bible does not (to my knowledge) clarify the matter.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• well that's just bumb i don't believe in niether in that case.... but i will not give out my reason why only for the fact that it's no ones business...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There is actually more evidence for ghosts than there is for God. Just sayin'...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Same thought here...lol...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Not sure if IhartU was responding to my answer? But I didn't say they didn't excist...just that they cannot be headed to heaven....this is not my opinion, but what the Bible say. Weather you believe in it or not - which is TOTALLY up to you :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 6:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

--------------------------------

That is really judgemental. What about the people with unfinished business? There are many ghosts in Europe that died with a broken heart. That doesn't make them evil.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 7:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Just like children have selective hearing (they can hear you ask them if they want cookies but seem to be stone deaf when you tell them to clean their room), christians have selective believing. An invisible, imaginary god with three heads (father,son, and holy ghost), yes. Spirit beings who have appeared on camera, or grandpa coming to pay them one last visit before he crosses over, no. Demons seem to get blamed for a lot of supernatural stuff. Their religion is based upon ressurection and the continuation of the soul, but yet they don't believe in it. Go figure.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010