If you do not do solids at 6 months then how much formula should your baby be getting per feeding?

D is taking 6 oz per bottle right now but seems like he wants more. We have sever allergies in our family and we were told not to start solids until D is 8-12 months old so he will be stronger and more able to fight an allergy if he has one (he was a month premature and in NICU for 5 weeks). His Dr said he should be fine but it seems like I have to feed him more often than before. If I added an extra 2 oz it shouldn't hurt to try...I mean the worse that can happen is I wasted 2 oz of formula right?

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 5:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he's asking for more formula then give him more formula. I understand not giving him solids right now and I agree with you following the doctor's advice. However, when it comes to formula that's his only source of nutrician and food. Which means that he should be getting the amount that fills him up. Give him two extra ounces if you feel that he is asking for it. And if he doesn't drink the two extra ounces then reduce it by an ounce. That will help you understand what he needs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, that's right. Add the extra formula and see if he will take it. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010