Full time students - are you able to juggle school & kids?

I am currently about to select my class load. Full time or part time - I'm not sure. I will be working towards a Bachelor degree and I'd like to take advantage of all the financial aid I can get.
So is it possible to go full time and still maintain a household and help out your kids after school with their homework while keeping up with your own???

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 5:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in

• I know people do it and I did it last semester while working part time, but this semester has gone to shit for me. I think if you have great time management skills you can do it. I do not. I am a hard core procrastinator. But, like with anything, I think- if you want it bad enough, you can do it.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 5:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am able to attend school full time, work full time, keep the house and bills up, and all that other mom stuff I have to do. It is rough sometimes and I do not have much free time. I would not do it if you are a student who needs to study a lot. I am able to pay attention during class and get A's without ever opening my book.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I took 15 credits, worked 30 hours a week and took care of my child, including being at everyone of his baseball games and school functions. Yes, it can be done. You will have to learn how to prioritize and have the kids and SO help you with the house.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I know parents who do it, but I am only doing part time. I work two jobs and I am a single mom. I also have crappy time management skills. If you want it, go for it. It will be tough, but you just have to schedule everything right.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I do it. I teach during the day, take full load of grad classes in the evening. Could not do it without my husband.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010