Why do people always gotta put their two cents in as if I care what they say!!

My fiance and I have been together for over 3 years now, I have a son from a previous marriage (7yrs old) and I'm 26 years old. When announcing our pregnancy (a blessed oopsy!) everyone was excited and happy for us...except for one person....my fiance's friend. He outright told us that he was not happy for us and that we were too young to have kids!! Seriously!! How is anyone going to say that they aren't happy that someone is having a baby and then say we are too young!!?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• They're an a**hole. He's probably jealous and feels that your guy won't have time to hang around with his butt as much. It doesn't really matter anyway a remark like that says he is selfish and not a positive person. Forget about him. Congrats to you though!
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• More tactfully, he should have said nothing. After all, it's not reasonable to expect everyone to be happy for you, there will be some who actually have their own opinions. In this case, however, that opinion should have been kept to oneself.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Don't worry about it, he's probably jealous!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• maybe he thinks you shouldn't have a kid for other reasons and doesn't want to say why
    Anonymous

• well luckly he did put his two cents in BECAUSE...you will prove him wrong!!

he will be old and wondering how your family is doing and you will proudly say that your still together and married to him with a baby that had no affect whether you guys were too young or not.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Because some people thrive on bringing pain to others. They also make the very common mistake of thinking that someone actually cares what they think.
    jennie495

Answer by jennie495 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• WOW you sound like me... been with my SO for a little over 3 1/2 years, have a 6 yr old from prev relationship, and im currently 14 1/2 wks pregnant... although we had ALOT of ppl upset we got pregnant..but tough cookies... im scared to start over and we not stable enough but ive done it once i can do it again. and if your not happy then see ya.. dont let the door his you on the way out!! best of luck sweetie!!
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010